Tuna Rice Bake
- 2 tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, chopped
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 x 425g tin Tuna in Brine
- 1 cup Grated Cheese
- 1 x 440g tin Cream of Aparagus Soup (Mushroom soup is also nice)
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- Grated rind and juice of ½ Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra ½ cup Grated Cheese
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
Heat margarine, add onion and celery and cook over moderate heat until soft.
Transfer to bowl and add rice, undrained flaked tuna, cheese, undiluted soup, mayonaise and juice and rind of lemon.
Blend thoroughly and transfer to greased ovenproof dish.
Top with cheese and extra breadcrumbs.
Bake in moderate oven, 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Leave out lemon rind if you don't like it. It won't affect it.
- Some chopped capsicum should be okay to save buying celery.
- Watch the salt. The tune in brine is already salted.