Spicy Chicken Pilaf
- 1 cooked Chicken
- 40g Butter
- 1 medium Brown Onion (150g), chopped finely
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Mild Curry Paste (can use curry powder blended with a little water)
- 750g Rice, cooked (packet of frozen rice is okay)
- ¾ cup (180mL) Coconut Milk (Coconut cream is okay)
- ½ cup (60g) Frozen Peas
- ¼ cup (35g) dried currants (sultanas are okay)
- ½ cup (70g) Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander, finely chopped (from a jar will do in an emergency)
- Remove meat from chicken and slice it thickly.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic, stirring, until
onion softens. Add curry paste (or blended paste); cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Add rice, coconut milk and peas; cook until mixture is hot.
- Add chicken, cook, stirring, until hot; Stir in remaining ingredients