Quick Luscious Lemon Cake
- 110g (4oz) Block Margarine or Butter
- 110g (4oz) Castor Sugar
- 110g (4oz) Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 85g (3oz) Castor Sugar
- Rind, finely grated, and Juice of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4).
- Grease and base line a 20cm sandwich tin.
- In a saucepan warm the margarine/butter and sugar over a low heat, just enough to melt the margarine/butter.
- Sift over flour, add eggs and stir until the mixture is smooth. Turn into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until just spongy to the touch.
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients.
- Spoon glaze evenly over the hot cake. If glaze settles around the edges, spoon back over the centre.
- Leave in the tin until completely cold then turn out carefully.
Tip: If preferred, add the lemon rind with the flour ( I did this)
Light in texture and very lemony, yummy!!
Recipe obtained from Kay Warner.